- "Ravage desert town. Tactical street fights abound."
- — Map description
Karachi is a medium sized multiplayer map featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It is a large city, perfect for close-quarter from corner-to-corner. The opposing are the Navy SEALs and the OpFor.
Karachi offers an excellent balance of open area combat, combined with building and rooftop battling. One of the map's main advantages for players is the variation of levels, allowing use of all weapon classes. The small corridors of the buildings benefit shotgun and SMG users where a quick fire rate would be ideal. The rooftop locations and upper floor windows benefits players who use sniper rifles, assault rifles and LMGs as their extended range and damage can be utilized.
The nature of this map isn't friendly to players who use the higher killstreak rewards. Often, airstrikes and helicopters rarely achieve kills because of the abundance of shelter in the many buildings. However, Emergency Airdrops are suited for the map as there are two relatively deserted areas at each main spawn point.
- The map is based in Karachi, a city in Pakistan.
- If the player initiates spectator mode, parts of "Shock and Awe" from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare can be seen.
- To the left and to the right of the OpFor spawn, the Backlot construction building from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare appears.
- Near the Navy SEALs spawn behind the iron fence near the docks there are three Zodiacs.
- Under the wooden scaffolding, there are newspaper receptacles that cannot be opened but have ads for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on the front.
- On one of the bulletin boards is a green poster that has the outline of an upright teddy bear from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Outside of the map are destroyed buildings, all of which will show the entrance to a bathroom, such as some having toilets, bathtubs, and sinks.
- Some of the newspaper receptacles also have a newspaper with the name "Infinity Ward" on the front, and the main headline is titled "Call of Duty 2".
- Outside the map are various oil rigs seen from "Charlie Don't Surf".
- Instead of Urdu (National language of Pakistan) there is Arabic written on the signs.
- If the player jumps on the busstop near the bus, he can then jump on the umbrella's into a hidden room in the building next to him